Join a dynamic team at Upper Canada Village that embraces customer service to provide visitors with a treasured experience.
POSITION: PARKING ATTENDANT (student)
HOURS OF WORK: part-time hours, evenings, weekends and holidays
Upper Canada Village
(11 km east of Morrisburg)
SALARY: $14.00 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT: September 1, 2019 to January 5, 2020 (during popular events Pumpkinferno and Alight at Night)
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Morrisburg’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Greet and assist customers.
• Assist with traffic control and parking, preventing traffic backups and providing an orderly and systematic parking system
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• Strong communication and customer service skills to interact with the public and answer queries.
• Organizational skills to direct and control traffic to ensure continuous movement and prevent traffic backups.
• The ability to work under pressure in a busy environment.
• The ability to work independently and in a team.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS 11:59 P.M. ON AUGUST 16, 2019.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted:Aug 07, 2019
- Employment Type:Student
- Employment Duration:Permanent
- Job Location:Upper Canada Village
- Salary:$14.00 Per Hour
- Deadline:Aug 16, 2019