Join a dynamic team at Upper Canada Village that embraces customer service to provide visitors with a treasured experience.
POSITION: MERCHANDISER CASHIER/ADMISSIONS CLERK (student)
HOURS OF WORK: part-time hours, evenings, weekends and holidays
Upper Canada Village
(11 km east of Morrisburg)
SALARY: $14.00 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT: September 1, 2019 to January 5, 2020 (during popular events Pumpkinferno and Alight at Night)
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Morrisburg’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Provide excellent customer service to visitors at Upper Canada Village by greeting them and providing them with information regarding the site and daily activities.
• Operate a cash register, handle cash, process credit/debit transactions and refunds, calculate foreign exchange, complete paperwork, etc.
• Perform admission sales and ticketing, and conduct surveys.
• Assist the photographer by helping visitors dress up in period costumes.
• Rotate through a variety of positions: merchandiser/cashier in the Village Store, admissions clerk and greeter at the front gate.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• The ability to work in teams.
• The ability to adapt to different situations and work under pressure in a busy area.
• Good judgement in answering inquiries from the public, and the ability to entertain visitors and upsell products.
• The ability to problem-solve and find solutions.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS 11:59 P.M. ON AUGUST 16, 2019.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted:Aug 07, 2019
- Employment Type:Student
- Employment Duration:Permanent
- Job Location:Upper Canada Village
- Salary:$14.00 Per Hour
- Deadline:Aug 16, 2019