The United Counties of Leeds & Grenville - Administrative Division invites applications for the following position:
TOURISM REPRESENTATIVE SUPERVISOR – Summer Student
Temporary Full-Time Position
Start Date: May 13, 2019
Hours: 35 hrs per week
Reporting directly to the Economic Development Manager, the Tourism Representative Supervisor will provide visitor services for the region of Leeds Grenville and oversee the ONroute tourism visitor services program and staff. The primary responsibility will be to supervise tourism representatives and to showcase all of Leeds Grenville to visitors stopping at the Highway 401 ON Route Centres at Mallorytown – east and west to increase visitor spending and length of stay. The incumbent is a self-motivated individual, who has supervisory experience that is confident and enjoys communicating with individuals and groups with ease.
• Meet the eligibility criteria established by the Canada Summer Jobs Program including; being between the age of 15 and 30 years of age, plus registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year.
• Experience in a customer service environment with a background in using web technology, marketing and communications would be considered a valuable asset.
• Experience with sales and public relations is an asset.
• Computer software knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office.
• Self-motivated and self-sufficient. Be able to work independently (with minimal supervision) and within a team delivered organizational model.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
• Must be willing to travel to the Mallorytown Service Centres located on Highway 401.
• A valid and current driver’s license and use of a vehicle are required.
• Additional languages are considered an asset.
1. Oversee the tourism visitor services program including– supervision of tourism representatives, management of promotional materials, maintaining inventory, visitor tracking summaries, training, and scheduling.
2. Provide exceptional customer service using the Leeds Grenville Customer Service Standard that will achieve increased visitor satisfaction and spending:
a. ENGAGE – Engage visitors in a natural conversation about their interests
b. LISTEN – Listen to the visitor and understand their requests
c. RESPOND – Respond promptly to requests and acknowledge their interests through sharing of outstanding tourism product and area knowledge to ensure the visitor leaves empowered with additional information to experience opportunities in the region
3. Develop visitor itineraries that will enhance the visitor’s stay. Provide directions and reservation assistance.
4. Distribute Leeds Grenville promotional materials throughout the region.
5. Respond to online visitor enquiries.
6. Set-up / take-down of tourism displays and information according to premise requirements.
7. Develop and maintain extensive knowledge on the region including but not limited to: attractions, accommodations, restaurants, places to shop, festivals and events, parks, various cycling, paddling and driving routes.
8. Maintain and report tourism statistics and trends including but not limited to; visitor
traffic, business and event referrals.
9. Attends meetings as part of the Leeds Grenville Economic Development team.10. Conducts research through various resources including electronically, hardcopy and individually.
10. Conducts research through various resources including electronically, hardcopy and individually.
11. Ensuring a high level of respect for confidentiality for both the organization as a whole and staff as per the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
12. The United Counties’ of Leeds and Grenville regards its employees as the most valuable asset in the organization. All managers are responsible and accountable for ensuring that health and safety standards are incorporated into all aspects of our business. Furthermore, that facilities and resources are made available to ensure the successful execution of all required Health and Safety legislation as well as corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
13. Other related assigned duties, as requested and required.
The foregoing Job Description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
Applications should be marked “Competition # ADM-19-018, Tourism Representative Supervisor’ and submitted online to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com.
This position will remain open until filled.
You will need to create account by creating a personal profile and upload your resume and cover letter.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process is conducted in a fair and
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, will only be used for this purpose and will be retained for a maximum twelve month period.
COMPETITION: ADM-19-018-Tourism Representative Supervisor–Summer Student
POSTING DATE: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 (4:00 p.m.)
CLOSING DATE: Open until Filled
- Date Posted:Mar 13, 2019
- Number of Positions Available:1
- Employment Type:Full Time
- Employment Duration:Temporary
- Experience:1 year
- Job Location:Mallorytown, ON
- Deadline:Apr 19, 2019