CLASSIFICATION: Manual Worker
COMPENSATION GROUP: OPSEU - Operational & Maintenance
SALARY RANGE: $20.01 to $21.58 per hour
Where candidates lack the full qualifications, an appointment may be made at a lower classification and salary level
PERIOD OFEMPLOYMENT: September 2 to November 17, 2019 (total of 4 weeks)
Group 2 seasonal recurring
HOURS OF WORK: Variable to 36 hours per week
DIVISION: Fort Henry National Historic Site
POSTING DATE: August 2, 2019
CLOSING DATE: August 19, 2019
AREA OF SEARCH: OPEN
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• perform a variety of manual work tasks in order to install and/or teardown Fort Henry’s major Fort Fright event.
• work outside in various weather conditions.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience performing carpentry, painting and masonry tasks and using various hand and power tools.
• The ability to perform maintenance and repairs on various types of equipment.
• Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario and the ability to work in compliance with all health and safety regulations and the use of proper personal protective equipment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
• Good communication skills to work with and deliver excellent customer services to staff, the public and contractors.
• The ability to follow oral and written instructions.
LEADERSHIP AND TEAMWORK SKILLS
• The ability to work alone or in a team environment.
• The ability to provide general supervision or lead a small team in a task.
• The ability to climb to a height of 30 feet to perform minor duties.
• Physical ability to safely perform the duties associated with the construction and set up or teardown of exhibits or other temporary installations for a large-scale event.
• The ability to work in various weather conditions.
REMEMBER: THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS 11:59 PM ON MONDAY, AUGUST 19, 2019.
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES FOR APPLYING, BUT ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR FURTHER SCREENING OR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact Human Resources at 1-800-437-2233, ext. 2440.
- Date Posted:Aug 07, 2019
- Employment Type:Full Time
- Employment Duration:Seasonal
- Job Location:Kingston
- Salary:$20.01 - $21.58 Per Hour
- Deadline:Aug 19, 2019