Public Works Division invites applications for the position of:
Equipment Operator II Permanent Full-Time
2019 Salary: $21.62 to $28.45/hour
Location: Kemptville (North Grenville), Ontario
Reporting to and under the direction of the Patrol Supervisor, the Equipment Operator II position will be responsible for operating several types of equipment and performing a variety of tasks related to the operation and maintenance of the County Roads Systems.
- Valid D-Z driver’s licence.
- Physically able to perform tasks involving heavy labour.
- Minimum of three year’s progressive experience in the operation of heavy trucks and other related equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude to perform a wide variety of tasks relating to equipment maintenance, operation and repair.
- Performs the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards set out in the applicable Provincial and Municipal Acts. Performs the responsibilities of the position consistent with the Operational policies of the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville.
- Operates a 6 ton minimum dump truck equipped with snow plow and sander equipment during winter months.
- Operates a range of equipment including graders, dump trucks, front-end loaders, tractor mowers and other small power tools to perform a wide variety of road maintenance and construction jobs.
- Performs manual labour to accomplish a wide variety of road maintenance and construction jobs.
- Servicing, maintenance and repair of assigned equipment.
- The United Counties’ of Leeds and Grenville regards its employees as the most valuable asset in the organization. All employees are responsible and accountable for ensuring that health and safety standards are incorporated into all aspects of our business. Furthermore, that facilities and resources are made available to ensure the successful execution of all required Health and Safety legislation as well as corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Other related duties, as requested and required.
The foregoing Job Description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
Resumes should be marked “Competition # PW-19-048 (Equipment Operator II, PFT)” and submitted online by 4:00 p.m. on /before Tuesday, March 19, 2019 to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and will only be used for candidate selection.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
COMPETITION: PW-19-048 (Equipment Operator, PFT)
POSTING DATE: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 (4:00 p.m.)
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 (4:00 p.m.)
- Date Posted:Mar 13, 2019
- Number of Positions Available:1
- Employment Type:Full Time
- Employment Duration:Permanent
- Experience:3 years
- Job Location:Kemptville
- Deadline:Mar 19, 2019