In 2015, Thomas Cavanagh Construction partnered with McNamee Concrete to expand its operations through creation of a wholly owned subsidiary, Cavanagh Concrete Limited. This was a natural fit for both Thomas Cavanagh Construction and McNamee Concrete.
Thomas Cavanagh Construction, a trusted and respected contractor in the Ottawa region, began as a family business that values quality workmanship and exceptional customer service. Despite rapid growth, Thomas Cavanagh Construction continues to uphold
strong family values and ties that resonate through the organization and generate a motivated workforce driven to provide exceptional solutions. The collaboration of both organization’s expert personnel and exceptional resources have created a superior, unified entity: Cavanagh Concrete.
We are looking for an energetic, hardworking person to join our Commercial Construction team as a Carpenter or Carpenter Apprentice.
This full-time position for a Carpenter or Carpenter Apprentice includes all tasks related to effectively delivering concrete formwork solutions through residential and commercial applications. This division of Cavanagh Concrete is growing rapidly and expanding
throughout the Ottawa Valley and will include projects from Gananoque to Ottawa.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes group medical, dental and life insurance, an RSP and opportunities for growth and advancement. Travel to site is provided from our operations yard located in Carp, Ontario.
Job Title: Carpenter/Carpenter Apprentice
Location: Ottawa West/South and surrounding areas
Reports To: Commercial Construction Manager
Job Summary: Construction of concrete formwork, placing of concrete, and misc.carpentry as required.
• Reading blueprints
• Layout and preparation of structural formwork for concrete foundations
• General carpentry such as framing, hoarding, miscellaneous wood working
• Wood formwork systems including using snap ties, wedges, and camlocks
• Miscellaneous structural formwork systems including Duraform, Periform, etc.
• Use of concrete pumps, concrete placement/finishing, rebar installation
• Certified Journeyman Ticket or indentured in the apprenticeship program
• Fall Protection training (preferred, but can be provided)
• Elevated Work Platform training (preferred, but can be provided)
• The ability to solve math problems quickly and accurately
• The ability to get along well with others on a work team
• Must be willing and able to report to multiple sites throughout Ottawa valley
• Valid drivers license required
• Must have a strong understanding of safety procedures and policies on a commercial job site
• Knowledge of the safe and efficient use of hand and power tools
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• The ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time
• Manual dexterity, balance for working on scaffolding
• Requires working at heights, climbing and descending ladders frequently
Please submit resumes to John at email@example.com before March 28, 2019
Only select individuals will be contacted for the interview process.
- Date Posted:Mar 12, 2019
- Number of Positions Available:2
- Employment Type:Full Time
- Employment Duration:Permanent
- Experience:Less than 1 year
- Job Location:Eastern Ontario
- Deadline:Mar 28, 2019