Status: Part-time, term, with opportunity to renew annually | Hours: evenings, weekends
Wage: $14.00/hour | Start Date: August 26, 2019
The Brockville Public Library (BPL) employs individuals to maintain the Library shelves and assist with customer service and service delivery duties.
The individual is a customer service champion first and foremost; in addition:
• Shelves library materials and ensures that items on the shelf are tidy and in proper order.
• Performs various housekeeping tasks such as dusting shelves, tidying library areas etc.
• Assists with basic customer service delivery including answering the telephone.
• Assists library staff in the closing the library.
• Delivers daily mail to the post office.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Eligibility and Required Skills:
• Candidates must be 14 years of age and older.
• Completion of Grade 8.
• Evidence of volunteer experience.
• Demonstrated basic computer skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Dewy Decimal System.
• Possesses excellent organizational skills; maintains confidentiality.
• Displays an aptitude for customer service.
• Displays excellent interpersonal and team-oriented workplace skills.
1. General office working conditions.
2. Interaction with the general public.
3. Defined base hours per week; evening and weekend service shifts required.
4. Position requires lifting – 15lbs.
- Date Posted:Jul 29, 2019
- Employment Type:Part Time
- Employment Duration:Contract
- Job Location:Brockville
- Salary:$14.00 Per Hour
- Deadline:Aug 16, 2019