MATERIAL HANDLER AND LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Drives electric and propane fork truck to place, retrieve, and move products, equipment, or materials in warehouse, racking, storage yard, or production areas. Ensures compounding area is appropriately supplied with materials in a timely manner to maintain continuous production flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Must have experience operating fork trucks
- Knowledge of construction materials including metals, fasteners and plumbing fittings
- Supply materials to workers in a safe, timely and efficient manner
- Organize racking and maintain space for incoming pallets
- Adhere to all health and safety requirements as required by the facility.
- May perform or assist with duties of other workers as required to cover absences and vacations.
- Ensure all transactions in computer system are accurate and timely.
- Ensure materials are put back in correct racking locations.
- Must be reliable with attention to detail in completing tasks with a sense of urgency
- Should have order picking with data entry experience
- Cycle count materials on a regular basis to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain good housekeeping of the warehouse, equipment, and company vehicles
- Must consistently follow instructions and accurately complete forms and other paperwork in compliance with requirements
- Must be able to work Monday thru Friday with flexibility around schedule
- Other duties include managing logistics of incoming and outgoing materials, pick up and deliver Customer orders.
- 1 - 2 years’ experience operating forklift
- Valid driver’s licence
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and use of company database.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Date Posted:Jul 12, 2019
- Number of Positions Available:1
- Employment Type:Full Time
- Employment Duration:Permanent
- Job Location:Brockville
- Deadline:Aug 26, 2019